Thursday, May 6, 2010

arts and crafts!

So I was home alone and a little bored after work today so I decided to embark on an art project! I wish I had taken step-by-step pictures, but it was so simple and happened so fast that I didn't even think about it until I was done.

I had a world map kicking around that I had hung on my wall just for fun, but I decided it would be fun to jazz it up a little. I went to the crafts store and bought some inch-thick foam board and some straight pins, and then I came home and used an Elmer's glue and water mixture to laminate it to the foam board. Then I used the straight pins to pinpoint all the places I've been on the map! It's kinda inspiring because there are so many blank parts that I want to travel to!

I still have to paint the raw edges of the foam board (I'm thinking either silver or gold?) but this is a close-up of the basically finished project. Wouldn't it be amazing to have pins sticking up from all over the map?

1 comment:

Anna Walker said...

I love, love love this project!!!! I wish I would do that :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/